Tuesday, January 4, 2011

old friend

Today I connected with an old friend, we have been friends for a long time, but about 6 years ago she opened a restaurant, and she was busy with that, and was busy with many different things. She rode with me to take my aunt to the airport, and we spent the rest of the day, doing errands, and just talking about things, the past, family, and we went to her house and just talked and drank coffee and tea. It was a very quiet day and a very rewarding day. We will be doing this again, it is so surprising how you just go back to where you left off, in our friendship. I guess, you never lose and old friend, really, you just misplace them.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Old friendships are the best...picking up the threads is so easy to do. It's our choice when to place the threads down and when to pick them up again. A lovely thought.
Enjoy your reconnection.

A Joyful Chaos said...

I'm glad that you got to reconnect with an old friend.

Jo said...

That's lovely Jan. I have a friend that I only get to see once every 2-3 years, but it's always great when we get to meet up.

I hope you get to meet up again very soon.