Tuesday, February 15, 2011

If you do not have a job, you will get bored??

That is what people tell me, well I do not work, and I do think I have time to work. I help my niece out once in a while and watch her 2 little ones, I do stuff around the house, go out to breakfast with friends once a week, and this week, I am busy helping my son. My son( the one with disabilities and brace on his leg)fell and broke his wrist on friday nite, orthopedic doctor was out of town, so emergency room dr. and male nurse fixed him up with a splint for the weekend, and as it was a seriously nasty break, told us to get in touch with ortho dr. Monday, well we did. So I spent Monday(he does not drive) taking to the hospital for tests, dr. to make sure he can have surgery, back to the hospital to get checked in for wrist surgury. This morning took him to hospital for surgury, waited for hours, till he was done, on the way home, stopped to pay insurance bill, fill prescriptions for my son, antibiotic and pain pills. and then took him to my house, and got him comfortable. He still does not have a cast, so next Monday, I take him back to dr. and get cast put on.
so now I am behind on work on the house, bills, and the snow is melting so I have to make sure basement is clear, in case we get water in basement.
So my question is, where is this time to get bored???

1 comment:

Becca said...

Don't worry about what people say. They are probably just "projecting" how THEY might feel if they stopped working for pay. That's what I often call it, "working for pay"...or "working outside the home"....because, of course, there is always other kind of work: work inside the home (not paid), volunteer work including looking after grandchildren/nieces and assisting family members with various tasks like your son. Think of Rhonda Jean over at down to earth. She's not working for pay any more (well, until her book sells!), but she sure is busy! And doesn't have to be apologetic. When we're doing what God wants us to do, we can be at peace with ourselves and with the world.