Thursday, July 16, 2009

baby birds and kitties

In between my house and my garage, I have a roof covered porch, we call the breezeway. It is a lovely cool spot with flowers and a table and a grill. Well, right now a wren family decided to move into my decorator birdhouse, kicked the flowers out of the birdhouse opening and moved in. I told her the house was crooked but she ignored me. Now we have baby birds, noisy baby birds, I can't see them but I hear them. If I go out and sit on the breezeway with my coffee she sits up there and chews me out.
My son lives next door, and he came for coffee before work this morning, and said "what is that noise?" Baby birds, I said, No, he says it sounds like a cat, WELL, a stray cat, we have been seeing in the neighborhood, decided to have her kittens in an old chest that I use for a little table to hold a plant. I covered it with a tablecloth and Mrs, Cat decided to have her kittens under it. Now everytime I go out I get growled at by a cat and scolded by mrs. Wren. Now , my son says, guess what, now I have a birdnest with baby birds in it, in my garage. I live by a creek, and there is all kinds of animals there, I hope they do not find out about my maternity ward. I will definitely be in trouble.
I have to admit, Mrs. Cat looks like she is starving, so I fed her!!! I know I should not have, but she is a momma and she needs her strength, and she is still hissing at me, but if I leave her alone, she may get used to us. She is eating the food I left out for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so sweet that you have your own animal maternity ward. You must be a wonderful hostess. I have to admit that I'm more of a dog person than a cat person, but I think I would have fed her too.

Lets hope they don't let all their friends know about their new hideout. You could end up with your own zoo! :o)